I am writing this and wondering if I have had enough of this old blog begining 'I am writing this...' however, at the same time, I wonder how else I would write my way into a blog post if I did not convieniently have the first four words already spelt out for me.
If you wanna touch her ask... I used to think the title of this song was 'If You Wanna Touch Her Arse...' I suppose it all comes down to the same thing. Yes, I do have Shania Twain on my ipod... don't judge me.
I suppose it is always a good idea to ask before you touch someone's arse.... unless you already know it is going to be ok. However, to really touch someone no physical contact is needed and I doubt you would need permission either. I would much rather have someone touch me emotionally than to touch me anywhere physical, whoever they are.
Over the weekend I watched 'Letters to Juliet'- I know... I am a bit of a sucker for hopelessly romantic films. It doesn't matter how predictable they are in terms of plot- there was not a single moment in 'Letter to Juliet' that surprised me. Instead what stood out was the emotional side of the film.
Perhaps it is just because I am a little emotionally fragile right now anyway but I was almost in tears watching this film- something about the two 65 year olds finally meeting again after 50 years (and a long search) and still being in love really touched me in a strange happy/sad way ... I say this but on the same day I also almost cried at Heroes because I saw Claire Bennet talking to her baby self in the past... sometimes being a woman is just ridiculous.
There was a beautiful moment in the cinema as the couple met again where I could almost feel some ghostly arms wrap around me, as if hugging me- comforting me. It is moments like that which seem very special- where the film seemed to reach out to me and almost become part of reality.
Anyway, (enough of that nonsense) the point is that I didn't care that there was a dodgy impression of an Englishman, or that I knew what was going to happen next- it was the emotional response that made the film stand out for me. It made it special. Sometimes I wish I could live life in the same way that I read a book or watch a film or listen to some music- really let it mean something and touch me emotionally. Of course there are moments like that in real life, everyone has them, but it is much harder to touch someone emotionally than it is to touch them physically.
You may need permisison to touch my arse but please, please never hold back from making me laugh, cry or scream- I think it is probably what living is about.
14 June, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment