I'm writing this... ok, I admit it, the title today was not on shuffle but I don't know what else to write about as this show has pretty much been the one focus of this week (other than the whole, starting a new job thing... but I would find it hard to blog about that).
This is the play that we performed- (just so you have a vague idea of what I am going on about)
Loosely based on the writer’s own experiences as a cleaner, ‘The Cleaners’ is a comedy following the story of 7 wayward teens that are forced to clean an office in the hope that it will redeem them of their former ways. As they battle against addiction, ASBOs, teenage pregnancy, OCDs, anger, stupidity and just plain bad luck they are overseen by the unrelenting and bizarre supervisors and office workers. With the odds against them will they ever become upstanding members of society? A surreal, ironic and cynical look at how young people are perceived today.
Despite fears before the show- it was touch and go as to whether the cast would know their lines or not and various other problems cropped up along the way the show did go on.
And here are a few highlights from this week's theatrical endeavours:
Firstly when a member of the cast refused a prompt- she was given a line and shook her head at the prompter and turned away leaving the prompter to search for someone else who would accept a line.
Secondly how the heel of my high heeled shose got stuck in the stage- so firmly stuck in the stage that I had to take the shoe off and pull it out... not really my most elegant moment, there. It was a nightmare stage to wear heels on anyway because it was on two levels so I was constantly running up and down the stairs.
Thirdly forgetting to take home my mobile which was then stuck in a hoover for the whole night and day... this was part of a hoover sketch thingy where the phone goes off and the character finds it inside the hoover and answers. It is just rather strange to have people ask wher you phone is and you can honestly say 'It is in a hoover'
Dismantling the large set was also interestng... not that it isn't always interesting. This time we were throwing large rectanglar flats down staircases and I somehow found myself as a catcher of said flats... not quite sure how we avoided disaster.
However, over all, in the end, it ended up quite an enjoyable run (of two nights) The second night was far better than the first and it was rather a shame that more people didn't come to watch, but never mind... The real point is that I was really proud of all the young members of the cast because they all made vast improvements in their perfromances and the whole production was a real achievement for each and every one of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment