27 April, 2010

A Place in This World

I am writing this from a very special place...


Yes, that's right, upstiars in my house.



Well, actually I was talking more about the Lego.



Over the weekend I spent some happy hours playing with Lego alongside a certain someone and these were the things that we made. The top image shows the HQ of the Count where a number of citizens have been hiding treasure. The second image shows the pirates who want to steal the treasure... and I have lost the image of the soldiers defending the HQ but you can see some of the cars and the Count's time machine that we also made.

For those few hours we were no longer upstairs in my house but on the Count's island, fighting off the pirates. It was good. It was like going on holiday without having to do all the annoying packing. It was like being a child again, which I loved.

There are a lot of places in this world but going to a place back in time to recapture a childhood and engage with your imagination has got to be one of the best. I hope I get to visit again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment