04 May, 2010

Ain't No Sunshine

I am writing this from some darkened tombs, just to make sure there really ain't no sunshine corrupting this blog post.

Today I thought I would share with you my work in progress plot summary of my novel. Although not entitled 'Ain't no Sunshine' I think that would be a viable title should 'All Around the Wrekin' prove to be a misfit.

Ok, here goes:

Set in the early 1800s this is the tale of Tom. Tom is like any other boy. His father is a raging alcholic who is still in love with his dead mother who was depressed and whose only role in this novel is to pop out ten children and die. His eldest brother is beaten by his father, his girlfriend and eventually kills himself after getting his father hanged for starting a fire. His elder sister has a home abortion and is left by the man she loves, pregnant with a second child. His younger brother is ignored by all and is more than a little simple. His other sister is a brat.

Despite all this Tom manages to escape to Austraila... well, when I say escape I mean he is sent there as a prisoner for stealing the gun his brother uses to kill himself. Once in Austrailia he enjoys the sunshine, hard labour, man rape and eventual death at the hands of a cannibal- basically all the joys this new life brings.

Based on a true story, this uplifting tale will reaffirm what life is really about.

No comments:

Post a Comment